The burner is obviously a critical element to combustion performance. ASC has modeled and tested a wide variety of burners for OEMs and plants.
CFD modeling or scale lab modeling can be used with the goals as follows:
- Uniform, controlled-air velocity at burner discharge
- Balanced coal flow to coal nozzles
- Minimize erosion wear of components
- Provide for individual burner flow measurements
- Confirm flow control and swirl patterns of dampers
Due to confidentiality agreements with burner manufacturers, no detailed CFD or lab images are available.