Liquid Flow using CFD Modeling
Our extensive experience with liquid behavior allows Airflow Sciences Corporation to accurately model liquid in many different states/environments.
Fully Liquid Flows
Liquid Droplets in a Gas Stream
Liquids Flowing Underneath a Gas
Liquid CFD Modeling Applications
- The design of piping systems that deliver equal or other desired flow splits to mixing tanks at multiple locations.
- The design of impellers to:
- Limit shear forces that could kill yeast or other live cultures
- Determine limits of operation before cavitation.
- The design of fish-friendly water intakes.
- EPA Cooling Water Intake Compliance - CWA 316(b)
- The design of injection systems that:
- Cool a gas stream uniformly
- Avoid impingement on walls
- Deliver droplets in a uniform flow across a plane of interest
- The design of oil flow to avoid air bubbles
Mixing in an Impeller Tank
In this study, a Laser Doppler Velocimeter (LDV), shown below, was used to validate CFD results.