Expert Witness Legal Testimony
Airflow Sciences Corporation has provided fluid dynamic and structural engineering expert testimony since 1979.
ASC is an engineering firm specializing in solving difficult problems in the areas of flow, heat transfer, combustion, and particulate control. When potential clients or law firms come to us with questions about a project, claim, or problem, our team is here to evaluate and analyze the underlying scientific and engineering factors and provide expert witness legal testimony. In 45 years of engineering consulting, ASC has worked on over 20 legal cases in the U.S.
Legal Project Experience
- Failure Mode Analysis
- Liability Litigation Testimony
- Environmental Engineering Analysis
- Root Cause Evaluation
- Consulting & Research on Patent Infringement
- Deposition & Evidence Review
- Review technical data/patents pertaining to case
- Perform flow modeling or other aerodynamic analyses
- Discuss technical details with attorneys/key personnel
- Review depositions and evidence documents
- Prepare technical reports, presentations, videos, illustrations, graphics, and models to support testimony and depositions
Meet The Experts
- Dr. Jeffrey D. Franklin, P.E. is a registered Professional Engineer in the state of Michigan. He is Director of CFD and has been with Airflow Sciences Corporation since June 1993. Dr. Franklin is also the primary architect and the original author of the Azore® software suite. Azore® is a collection of CFD tools that includes an arbitrary polyhedral control volume solver and a graphical user interface.
- Dr. Kevin W. Linfield, P.E. is a registered Professional Engineer in Ontario and Michigan. He is Engineering Director of Airflow Sciences Corporation and has been
with the company since January 2000. He has managed and performed hundreds of distinct client projects using CFD (computational fluid dynamics), laboratory, and field testing skills.
- Mr. Jim C. Paul, P.E. is a registered Professional Engineer in the states of Michigan and California and has been with ASC since 1975. Mr. Paul has authored hundreds of technical reports, and managed and performed hundreds of engineering studies, including analytical, computational, laboratory and field testing for projects within a wide range of industries.
Please contact us to consult with one of our expert witnesses.
Or contact us to receive a summary list of past expert testimony cases. Examples of specific areas of expertise can be found on the Publication and Presentation page; however, Airflow Sciences Corporation has solved an extensive variety of flow problems in multiple industries since its founding in 1975.
Example: Railroad Industry Aerodynamic Testimony
Airflow Sciences has provided expert witness testimony of locomotive exhaust plume behavior for more than ten cases. Wind tunnel testing and CFD (computational fluid dynamics) flow study analyses determined exhaust concentration at cab windows for multiple configurations and various ambient conditions of select routes. This study quantified the amount of exposure experienced by a locomotive operator.