Accurate and Repeatable Measurement of Burner Air Flow Rate and Swirl Velocity
Balancing air flow characteristics to individual burners can be a tedious task. But the rewards in combustion efficiency improvement can be tremendous. Airflow Sciences Corporation's specialized Secondary Air Flow Measurement (SAFM) System can provide you with the results you need.
- Flexible probe system allows variation for different burner geometries
- Easy to use, computerized test procedure maximizes accuracy and speeds data reduction
- Articulated probe inserted through burner centerline access port (ignitor, oil gun, sight tube...)
- Measured repeatability of 2.0%
- Variable spacing of measurement points
- Realtime Excel spreadsheet reporting
- Fully computerized data acquisition system
- Access through any burner centerline port
At Deseret's Bonanza Plant, burner balancing achieved significant gains:
- Heat rate decrease of 66 Btu/kwhr
- Unburned carbon decrease of 40%
- NOx reduction of 8%
Contact us to discuss how an Airflow Sciences test program can help improve your combustion efficiency.